Saturday, November 8, 2014

God is in control

(From Daniel): 

Today is a new day that God has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it. I have been growing in my thankfulness for life. Our lives could be long or short here on earth but our lives don't end here. Our time here is like a dot on a page, and eternity is an unending line. What do we live for -- the dot or the line? This idea is from the great book, "The Treasure Principle," by Randy Alcorn. 

 - Matthew 6:19-21 NASB
  19  “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.   20  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal;   21  for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

I'm continuing to change my thinking of "I wish I could...eat and taste food, live with my family, not be in pain, be well again, etc." to thank you God for all the time you gave me to have or do these things. Every day is a challenge to do this and to remember. It's a good thing that being a Christian isn't about me and my ability to perform. It's all about God doing the work in me and working on making me become more Christ-like in the process. And all through this, still praying for healing and for endurance for each day. 

 - Job 1:20-22 NASB
  20  "Then Job arose and tore his robe and shaved his head, and he fell to the ground and worshiped.   21  He said,
'Naked I came from my mother's womb,
And naked I shall return there.
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away.
Blessed be the name of the LORD.'
  22  Through all this Job did not sin nor did he blame God."

I feel tired and worn. This has been the hardest year of my life. So many hardships and trials. Through all of this I have been given strength and courage by God for each day. His faithfulness we can trust. 
I'm planning to go home to visit this Sunday, and I'm looking forward to this. Pray I have the strength.
Thank you for your prayers.
Daniel 


 Evelyn and Kezia visited today while Josiah was treated by some friends to a fun day at a soccer game.

1 comment:

  1. Dan, I have had the privelege of working in the kitchen at Timberline part time this summer. I don't know you but the people there speak well of you. Thank you for your blog post today. The Lord sounds strong in you. We as a family pray a wholeness of peace, Shalom, in your whole being, a peace from the Lord. We pray His comfort and healing in you and your family. In Christ, Alison Rachel, husband, Chris, and family

    ReplyDelete